Goat Breeding, Pregnancy, Labor, Delivery and New Baby Goat Guide / Workbook
"What to expecting when your GOAT is expecting", will cover information on breeding your goat, kidding and baby goat care. You will receive via email a workbook that includes all this information. It will have checklist for kidding supplies and even guide to help you pick out a Buck or Dad Goat.
We also have a video library that contains Cookie, our Boer Goat, displaying signs of early labor. We have videos of what I call textbook births and we have a video of us pulling a baby!
We have listed some of the things that are covered in your Goat Pregnancy, Kidding and Newborn Baby Goat workbook!
• How do I pick a buck? What do I look for?
• Is my Doe ready for breeding?
• What do I need to feed my goat now that she is pregnant?
• What supplies should I have on hand for the birth of Baby Goats?
• What medical Conditions can arise during goat pregnancy?
• How do I know she is in labor?
• Her labor has stalled, is she in trouble?
• The baby goat is stuck what do I do?
• What do I need to do when the baby goats are born?
• Do I need to bottle feed our Baby Goats?
• Why can’t my Baby Goat stand?
• Is this color Baby Goat Poop normal?
• What temperature should a baby goat be at if it’s healthy?
• My baby goat isn’t nursing or taking a bottle, what do I check?
• How much do I feed my bottle baby goat?
Disclaimer: We are NOT veterinarians but we are experienced goat farmers who typically kid over 100 Mini Nubian and Boer baby goats in one season. This information is a guide IS NOT meant to be a replacement for an experienced Goat Veterinarian.